CLASS OF 2026 PLACEMENT EXAM
- Saturday, December 4, 2021 - 8 a.m.
- Online registration opens in early November.
- Please contact Chris Bremner at email@example.com or (224) 625-1256 with questions about the exam.
INFORMATION FOR EXAM DAY
- Students should arrive between 7:30 - 7:45 a.m. For safety reasons, NO parents will be allowed into the building.
- If sick on the day of the test, please call or email the school for the make-up test date information.
- In case of inclement weather on test day, call the school's main number, (847) 392-4050, or check our website.
- Students will finish the exam between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Students should bring the following:
ABOUT THE EXAM
- The High School Placement Test (HSPT), written by Scholastic Testing Services (STS), measures a student's ability level and achievement levels in reading, mathematics, and language arts.
- The HSPT test along with junior high teacher recommendations and other standardized testing will be considered when we place a student into courses for their freshmen year.
ACCEPTANCE AND EXAM RESULTS
- Letters of acceptance will be mailed by January 31, 2022.
- Academic Scholarships: Students who score in the 90th percentile or higher nationally on our administration of the placement exam are automatically awarded the Saint Viator Scholar Scholarship at the following levels:
- 97-99th percentile - $2,500 per year
- 94-96th percentile - $1,500 per year
- 90-93rd percentile - $1,000 per year
- Renewal requires a minimum B average and good standing in the Viatorian Service Learning Program
- Exam must be taken in-person at Saint Viator High School
BEFORE THE EXAM
STUDENTS WITH A DIAGNOSED LEARNING DIFFERENCE
Special accommodations will be provided for students taking the placement exam. If your student normally receives accommodations on tests and would like to use accommodations on the placement exam, please complete the Request for Accommodations on the High School Placement Test Form
. This form, along with your student's IEP, 504 plan or psychoeducational testing documenting a diagnosed learning difference, must be submitted to Mrs. Erica Fuja
, Scanlan Center
director, no later than November 15.
This information can be emailed to Mrs. Fuja at firstname.lastname@example.org
, mailed, or delivered to the Administration Office at Saint Viator High School. You will be notified by email prior to the test date if your child is approved for accommodations.
If you would like your child to be considered for admission to the Scanlan Program in the fall of 2022, but are not requesting accommodations for the placement exam, documentation must be submitted to Mrs. Fuja by December 15.