CLASS OF 2024 ENTRANCE EXAM
- Saturday, December 7, 2019 - 8 a.m.
- Online registration begins on Friday, November 22. There is a $25 registration fee.
- Please contact Chris Bremner at email@example.com or (224) 625-1256 with questions about the exam.
- If you have not tested at any other Catholic high school, you are welcome to take the test at Saint Viator High School.
- The High School Placement Test (HSPT), written by Scholastic Testing Services (STS), measures a student's ability level and achievement levels in reading, mathematics, and language arts.
- The HSPT test along with junior high teacher recommendations and other standardized testing will be considered when we place a student into courses for their freshmen year.
- Letters of acceptance will be mailed by January 31, 2020.
- Students who score in the 98th or 99th percentile nationally on our administration of the STS Placement Test are automatically awarded the Saint Viator Scholar Scholarship ($1,000 to $2,000) for their freshman year.
BEFORE THE EXAM
- The best way to prepare is to get a good night's sleep and have breakfast the morning of the test.
- If sick on the day of the test, please call the school the week of December 9, 2019, for the make-up test date information.
- In case of inclement weather on test day, call the school's main number, (847) 392-4050, or check our website for updated information.
- Please print and complete the Parent Permission Release Form, and bring the morning of the exam.
- We will be offering test accommodations for students who qualify based on their IER, 504 Plan, or psychoeducational testing. For more information, please contact Mrs. Erica Fuja. NOTE: All required forms and documentation must be received no later than November 15, 2019. Download form.
INFORMATION FOR EXAM DAY
- Arrive at 7:45 a.m. (15 minutes prior to the 8:00 a.m. exam start time)
- Bring several #2 pencils and completed Parent Permission Release Form.
- Enter through the main entrance on Oakton Street.
- Saint Viator Student Ambassadors will escort you to your testing room.
- An important packet of information will be sent home with students after the test.
- Students will finish between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
STUDENTS WITH A DIAGNOSED LEARNING DIFFERENCE
Special accommodations will be provided for students taking the placement test. If your student normally receives accommodations on tests and would like to use accommodations on the placement test, please complete the Request for Accommodations on the High School Placement Test Form
. This form, along with your student's IEP, 504 plan or psychoeducational testing documenting a diagnosed learning difference, must be submitted to Mrs. Erica Fuja
, Scanlan Center
director, no later than November 16.
This information can be emailed to Mrs. Fuja at firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed, or delivered to the Administration Office at Saint Viator High School. You will be notified by email prior to the test date if your child is approved for accommodations.
If you would like your child to be considered for admission to the Scanlan Program in the fall 2020, but are not requesting accommodations for the entrance exam, documentation must be submitted to Mrs. Fuja by December 15.