Saint Viator High School is a Catholic, college-preparatory community called to provide religious formation and an academic program of excellence to the young men and women of the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
The Viatorian Catholic tradition of commitment to quality in educational programs, an environment
of individual concern and personal care, and strong relationships among the students and faculty are
hallmarks of Saint Viator High School. Our curriculum reflects this tradition. We want our students to live significant lives. This process is accomplished within the context of a searching and learning community where all are challenged, supported and affirmed. It is within the context of a classic, liberal arts approach that we teach.
At Saint Viator we believe that an essential component of the Gospel, the teachings of the Catholic Church and the Viatorian tradition, is the call of Christians to serve those in need, with special concern for the poor. For this reason, we provide our students the opportunity to live their faith through the experience of service to others. Our college preparatory curriculum, based in Catholic values, empowers students to become lifelong learners making sound choices in a changing world.
Recognizing that we live in an ever-changing society, Saint Viator High School students, as they acquire a foundation in each academic discipline, will:
- Respond to the challenge of the Gospel through commitment to service.
- Know the foundations of the Catholic faith.
- Develop spiritual, emotional and physical wellness.
- Recognize the dignity of each person and appreciate the diversity among people.
- Be aware of global events and respond with concern.
- Make effective life choices.
- Communicate effectively.
- Access and evaluate information creatively.
- Be aware of technological developments and their uses.