The Entrance Exam is the next important step
to becoming a Saint Viator Lion!
Class of 2017 Entrance Exam
January 12, 2013
Testing will begin at 8 a.m.
STS Placement Test
- The STS Placement Test measures a student’s ability level and achievement levels in reading, mathematics and language arts.
- Incoming freshmen are required to take the STS Placement Test on January 12, 2013, in order to be considered for admission to Saint Viator High School.
- The STS test, junior high teacher recommendations, and other standardized testing will be considered when we place a student into courses for their freshmen year.
- Letters of acceptance will be mailed on February 15, 2013.
- Students who score in the 98th, 99th or 100th percentile nationally on our administration of the STS Placement test are automatically awarded the Saint Viator Scholar Scholarship for their freshmen year.
- Students who score in the 93rd or higher percentile nationally on our STS administration are considered for admissions to Saint Viator's Father Louis Querbes Scholars Program, a special enrichment program designed to enable highly motivated students to excel in academics and personal enrichment.
Before the Exam
- The best way to prepare is to get a good night’s sleep and have breakfast the morning of the test.
- If illness or an emergency prevents your student from taking the Placement Test, please call the school the week of January 16 for the make-up test date information.
- In case of inclement weather on test day, call the school's main number, 847-392-4050, or check our Web site home page for updated information.
- Students will complete a registration form on test day. You can facilitate this process by completing the Class of 2017 Information Sheet and having your student return the sheet on test day. Otherwise, please provide the following information on an index card for your student to bring with him/her on test day:
|Complete mailing address
||First, middle, last names
|Social security number
||Work telephone/cell phone numbers
||Other children with current grade in school
||Second address for two-household families
"Day of" Information
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the test starting time.
- Bring several #2 pencils and $25 testing fee (cash or check payable to Saint Viator High School).
- Enter through the main entrance on Oakton Street.
- You will be directed to the school cafeteria where the Director of Recruitment will welcome students and assign students to testing rooms.
- Saint Viator student ambassadors will escort you to your testing room.
- An important packet of information will be sent home with students after the test.
- Students will be finished between 11:30 a.m. and noon.
Students with Special Needs or Disabilities
- No accommodations are provided for students taking the STS Placement Test.
- If your student normally receives accommodations on standardized tests, please notify Mrs. Manno, Principal, at 847-392-4050, ext. 229, or e-mail after testing day.
- Case studies, IEP and 504 Plans should be forwarded to Mrs. Manno at Saint Viator High School as soon as your student takes the placement test in January. This information will be considered during the acceptance/placement process.
For additional information on the Entrance Exam,
please contact Mr. TJ King, Director of Recruitment
(847) 392-4050, ext. 256 | e-mail